Beechwood Park occupies the site of an old Army anti-aircraft site that was used as a defence to protect Rolls Royce from enemy bombers during the Second World War. Decommissioned in the 1950’s, it became the property of the local Council who used it as depot before offering it at auction in the 1970’s. The current owners acquired the Park in 2000, and as well as doubling its original area, have created a truly lovely Leisure Park, offering Log Cabins, Glamping Pods, Fishing and Caravan, Motorhone and Tent pitches.
Situated in the quaint village of Elvaston, and just across the road from the historic Elvaston Castle, Beechwood Park is easily accessed via the M1, M42 or M6. It is also immediately adjacent to the A52 and A50 offering the simplest of access to nearby Derby, Nottingham and the Peak District.